Let's see. In no particular order...
A hood-cum-scarf to stop the cold air sneaking down my collar. Even I have to admit that outside the Arctic Circle, this is more a child's style than a woman's style, but so what?!
Finger tip-less gloves for crocheting in cold underground stations and bus stops.
A tuck-in for my windproof but not very warm-about-the-collar coat. Actually, I had to take some of the green off the front because I ran out of it for Charlie's scarf, and couldn't match the dye lot... Planning!
Laura's scarf, in larksfoot stitch. I was playing with the idea of Spring gradually breaking through: of a softness in the air coming out of Winter cold, and days when you think Spring is coming, but Winter hasn't quite let go. I really like this tweed effect, and I'm enjoying experimenting with the colour shifts. The edges aren't very neat because I haven't stuck to the 3-colour repeat, so I'm going to add a single crochet border when I've finished it.
Charlie's scarf, in sand stitch (and emergency green tie-in). So pretty!
Nicky's scarf, in her favourite colour and braided lace stitch.
A stole for Kelly. This is a very cold blue contrasted with a warm, buttercup gold, but the outdoor light is cold at the moment, so the contrast appears harsh, not vibrant. There are six rows of yellow lattice at each end, on the reverse side to give a stained glass effect through the blue, and not clash with Kelly's strawberry blonde hair. I have the wrong colouring for this blue (It makes me look sallow. Yeuk!) but it looks great on Kelly! New yellow, and blue crocheted straight off unloved, unworn jumper.


No comments:
Post a Comment